“Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 NIV
WELCOME TO HIGH SCHOOL
While this web site will provide you with our history, programs, up-coming events, and mission, I encourage you to visit the IST campus to see for yourself the professionalism and care demonstrated by the faculty and the warmth of our High School.
This is an exciting year for our community since it commemorates the 25th year anniversary of our wonderful school. We are blessed to be part of a school leading in education, and teaming with parents to shape our students into citizens who will contribute to our nations growth and development.
It is with great joy that I welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year. Each year I look forward to getting to know you and your student better than the year before.
This year we have a staff of 36 enthusiastic teachers along with a team of great administrators. Mrs. Karol Fonseca is our Dean of Students, Mrs. Leanna Garcia is our College Counselor, Mrs. Allen is the Guidance Counselor, and Mrs. Allison Rojas is our Administrative Assistant. I am Mrs. Ivonne Vasquez the Principal, and together we strive to provide a positive learning environment for students.
This year our theme that will continue to guide the goals set is “Stronger as One”. Like the Apostle Paul says in Ephesians 4: 4-6, I desire that parents, students, faculty and staff are united in spirit. I invite you to make this year one of building relationships, like Christ, that will make us stronger, “Stronger as One”.
Once again, welcome back!
Mrs. Ivonne de Vasquez MSc.
High School Principal
BrainPOP Jr. is a group of educational websites with over 1,000 short animated movies for students in grades K-12 (ages 6 to 17), together with quizzes and related materials, covering the subjects of science, social studies, English, mathematics, engineering and technology, health, and arts and music.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT OUTCOMES
At the end of the Twelfth grade, the student must:
- Know God´s love and His will for humanity.
- Show patriotic values.
- Use executive skills.
- Demonstrate academic and social responsibility.
- Show initiative and integrity in various situations.
- Be equally fluent in English and Spanish.
- Adapt to diverse cultures.
- Use technology in order to learn and present their knowledge in a variety of ways
- Show a high level of understanding of course that goes beyond textbook-based or lesson-based knowledge.
- Collaborate well in a group setting.
- Offer personal points-of-view (arguments) and be open to consider points of views from other members of the group.